Android Development Course
Get complete control over the fine art of developing mobile apps. Go from complete amatuer to pro in less time than ever before using our android development course.
About The Course
Our Android course is taught by top practitioners who are working full time, developing complex mobile apps. Our instructors at Digifoxlabs work closely to design a comprehensive course content along with projects and interactive sessions that will ensure that you come out of this Android training as a proper developer.
This Android Development course is primarily designed for programmers who want to learn how to create mobile applications on the Android platform. As a part of this course, you will create widgets, create applications using both static and dynamic, and finally publish it on Google Play. This course will work as a launching pad for budding developers to enhance their technical skill to unlock new job opportunities for you in start-ups as well as large organizations.
Introduction to Android Development
In this module, you will deal with the basic programming language required for android app development.You will learn the basic architecture of Android platform, download the tools required for Android app development and use them to create your first Android app.
- Introduction to Core Java
- Basics of Android
- Android Architecture
- Android Studio Setup – Modifying project parameters in Android Studio and Gradle build files
- Introduction to Activities & Life Cycle
- Create new Activities
Android Layouts, Widgets and Understanding UI
In this module, you will learn to create a user interface by using the visual tools and understanding of XML programming language. We will deep dive into core of Android layouts and impressive and easy to code android widgets along with Implementing Event Receivers.
- Basic User Interface tool introduction
- Using Edit Text, Text Views, and Buttons
- Displaying and dismissing of keyboard
- Screen Orientations
- Creating Views and layouts
- Using LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, FrameLayout & TableLayout
- Using Adapters to bind data to Views
- Using ListView, GridView, ScrollView & Webview
Activities, Intents, Fragments and Media
In this module, you will be able to create applications with multiple activities and learn to share information between multiple activities with the help of Intents and fragments. Also, you will learn about Shared Preferences. In this module, you will learn to implement different types of animations provided by android system to create impressive android applications.
- Interactions in a RecyclerView
- Fragment UI components to create custom views and validating application layouts properly respond to accessibility events, Constructing Option menus for action bar navigation
- Explicit and Implicit intents – Navigating between activities using intents
- Internal & External File Storage
- SharedPreference – Creating settings UI using the preferences framework and reacting to changes in a Shared Preferences instance
- MediaPlayer & VideoView
- Translate Animation
- DrawerLayout – Providing alternative resources for device configuration changes
- Canvas & Paint – Customizing the application theme
In this module, you will deal with handling the backend programming of the android application. You will learn working with databases, and also programming in backend lanuages PHP and SQL.
- Working with Database
- Creating a database
- Opening and closing a database
- Working with Inserts, updates and deletes
- Parse URL (XML and JSON)
Design-it-Yourself App Development & Publishing
In this final module, you will learn to develop your own android app to revise the concepts we learnt over the course of the entire training. You will learn to sign the application apk and then you will learn how to submit an application to Google Play to share with the world.
- Debugging Applications
- End to End App Development
- Generating Signing Keys
- Publish the application on Google Play Store (Live Demo)
- Solving Doubts & Queries
Develop your own android application
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
What are the system requirements for this course?
Your system should have a 4GB RAM (preferably 8GB RAM), a processor better than core 2 duo and operating system can be of 32bit or 64 bit.
How will I be doing the practicals?
For your practical work, bring your own system where the Java environment alongwith the Android app development tools will be set up. We will have a support team to guide in the step-by-step process of installing and set-up of Android Studio.