MATLAB is a programming language developed by MathWorks. It started out as a matrix programming language where linear algebra programming was simple. It can be run both under interactive sessions and as a batch job. This tutorial gives you aggressively a gentle introduction of MATLAB programming language. It is designed to give students fluency in MATLAB programming language. Problem-based MATLAB examples have been given in simple and easy way to make your learning fast and effective.
MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a fourth-generation high-level programming language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization and programming.
It allows matrix manipulations; plotting of functions and data; implementation of algorithms; creation of user interfaces; interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, Java, and FORTRAN; analyze data; develop algorithms; and create models and applications.
It has numerous built-in commands and math functions that help you in mathematical calculations, generating plots, and performing numerical methods.
Features of MATLAB
- It is a high-level language for numerical computation, visualization and application development.
- It also provides an interactive environment for iterative exploration, design and problem solving.
- It provides vast library of mathematical functions for linear algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, numerical integration and solving ordinary differential equations.
- It provides built-in graphics for visualizing data and tools for creating custom plots.
- MATLAB’s programming interface gives development tools for improving code quality maintainability and maximizing performance.
- It provides tools for building applications with custom graphical interfaces.
- It provides functions for integrating MATLAB based algorithms with external applications and languages such as C, Java, .NET and Microsoft Excel.
Uses of MATLAB
MATLAB is widely used as a computational tool in science and engineering encompassing the fields of physics, chemistry, math and all engineering streams. It is used in a range of applications including −
- Signal Processing and Communications
- Image and Video Processing
- Control Systems
- Test and Measurement
- Computational Finance
- Computational Biology
Plots -2D & 3D
Basic Signal Processing
(like Generation of Sin Waves)
(Am Signal, DSB-Sc)
Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Design
FPGA Technology- Verilog
VLSI stands for Very Large Scale Integration. It’s used in creating so many chips andcircuits on a single mini chip of silicon.Its a kind of technique that is used in designing Micro chips like IC and many moreVLSI means very large scale IC(integrated circuit) chips it is use as a memory element incomputers to store data.A well-structured and controlled design methodology, along with a supporting hierarchical design system, has been developed to optimally support the development effort on several programsrequiring gate array and semicustom VLSI design. The methodology makes extensive use of CAD techniques, including multilevelsimulation for all tasks associated with design simulation and layout.The methodology is intended to totally verify the system during the design phase, prior to the release of VLSI components for fabrication;the bulk of the effort spent on integration and test in MSI/SSI systems can thus beapplied during the design phase.This paper describes the design methodology, the hierarchical CAD system, and the pertinent CAD design philosophy with reference to the MIL-STD-1750 processor design
- Design of basic gates
- Design of adders, subtractor etc.
- Design of multiplexer demultiplexer
- Design of encoders & decoders
- Introduction to FSM & control circuits
- BCO to 7 segment decoder.